1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
beet, spinach, and carrot juice or food coloring
Mix flour, salt and oil, and slowly add the water. Cook over medium heat, stirring until dough becomes stiff. Turn out on cutting board. Knead the playdough with your hands until of proper consistency. Use as is, or divide into balls and add a few drops of the vegetable juices or food coloring to make all your favorite colors.
- 1 cup rice
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3-4 (maybe more) cups water
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the temperature and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Notice that it should look a bit like oatmeal - if it still looks rice-like, add more water and keep cooking.
- When it looks like oatmeal, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Put it through a sieve to remove the larger pieces, or put in a blender (you might need a little bit more water).
- Store in the refrigerator.